MAKE-UP TESTING: FACULTY GUIDELINES
Testing Location: Clark Center study rooms, classroom, or John Moritz Library (Based on room availability)
Testing Times: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00p.m.
• Students requesting testing accommodations due to a qualified disability should be directed to the Coordinator of Academic Success in Clark 1223 (email@example.com) to verify their status as a student with a disability. Requests for services or accommodations should be made as early as possible to allow time to review requests and documentation and make proper arrangements.
• Every effort will be made to provide a quiet testing location for students. While study rooms, classrooms, or the John Moritz Library may be utilized, the selected location will be based on room and staff availability, and therefore cannot guarantee a completely quiet or distraction-free environment. Confirmed exam times and locations will be communicated to faculty. It is the faculty responsibility to communicate confirmed testing information to the student.
• Exams will be monitored virtually or in-person by library or Student Developmental Services staff based on availability. Without exception, student workers do not monitor exams.
• Exams must be completed by 4:00 p.m.
• We cannot accommodate testing for entire classes or large groups.
• Due to limited space and staff availability, exams must be scheduled as soon as possible, preferably at least one (1) week ahead of time.
• Exams must be delivered to the library at least 24 hours before a scheduled make-up session.
1. REVIEW TESTING DATES AND TIMES: Confirm the exams’ date(s) and time(s) with the student who is making up the exam or needing testing accommodations for disability reasons.
2. COMPLETE TESTING REQUEST FORM: Complete in full the Make-Up Exams Form under “request forms” at www.methodistcollege.edu/library
a. Once scheduled, a “meeting request” confirming the exam time and location will be emailed to the faculty member. It is the faculty's responsibility to communicate the confirmed time and location of the exam to the student.
3. DELIVER THE EXAM: Deliver exams and any other required testing materials, in person, through interoffice mail, or through a designated person at least 24 hours before the scheduled exam time.
a. If applicable, delivered exams should be in the format identified by the student’s accommodations.
b. Place the exam materials inside an envelope. Seal the envelope and sign across the seal.
4. PICK UP THE EXAM: Exams will be returned in the manner requested on the Testing Request Form
Call the John Moritz Library Circulation Desk at 402-354-7251 or Kevin Powers, Ph.D., Coordinator of Academic Success at 402-354-7214.